Sep 19, 2023
$185,335 - $212,100 yearly
U.S. Department of Energy
Washington, D.C., USA
The Department of Energy's (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy is looking for a dynamic, innovative, seasoned executive to lead the Geothermal Technologies Office.
As the Director, Geothermal Technologies Office you will:
- Manage and direct the development, implementation, and evaluation of a national program in innovative geothermal technologies, including strategies in research and development, demonstration, regulatory and commercialization barriers, and technology planning.
- Lead the formulation and integration of the scientific, market factor, engineering, and technical requirements necessary to
structure an effective and materially impactful geothermal research development, and demonstration program.
- Direct all organizational activities, frame strategic plans based on broad organizational assessments and evaluations of long-term organizational objectives.
- Determine the financial and personnel resources needed to achieve mission objectives and support mission operations.
- Identify the need for major organizational improvements and develop the requisite plans and direct implementing actions.
- Oversee and direct the internal organization, staffing, policies, and personnel authorities required to carry out the responsibilities of the Office, including the recruitment and mentorship of senior managers and/or technical experts necessary to ensure the success of the programs.