We are looking for experienced translation reviewers to work on academic manuscripts written in Chinese. To qualify, you must have technical expertise in your field. Experience working in a foreign-language setting will be preferred.
In a Translate review assignment, a translate reviewer thoroughly checks and revises an already translated document by comparing it with the source text. The object of the review is to ensure that the translation is:
- Accurate in terms of both meaning and subject-specific terminology.
- Clear and free of any awkward or unnatural constructions.
- Free of any proofreading errors.
We currently have openings for freelance translation reviewers for language pairs in:
You need to have:
- Fluency in Chinese (essential)
- Native-level fluency in English (essential)
- An understanding and knowledge of technical terminology as expressed in the native language as well as in English is highly preferred
- Expertise/an advanced degree in any of the following fields:
- Earth and Environmental Science - Earth, Atmospheric, Planetary, Energy, Sustainability, Petroleum, Petrology, Petroleum Geology, Geochemistry
- Engineering Geology
- Minimum 1 year of translation, translation review, editing or other academic writing experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word
- Strong time management skills (you will be required to work on deadlines)
- Ability to work independently