Principal Reservoir Engineer
Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and geological principles to plan, design, construct and maintain gas storage capacity and deliverability to meet market demands. Make decisions independently utilizing advanced techniques and the modification and extension of current theories and practices, to resolve unique, complex technical issues. Applies diversified knowledge to determine gas reserves, contents and flow rates, preserve stored gas inventory as well as enhancing and/or protecting corporate cash flow and earnings. Extensive computer modeling is utilized to obtain results for the preceding responsibilities. The knowledge and expertise required for this level usually results from progressive experience. Incumbents frequently assist on the projects of others or assist others in data evaluations.
- Maintains storage field and well deliverability to meet peak day requirements, many times under immediate time constraints.
- Economically driven maintenance and enhancement via state-of-the- art techniques.
- Storage field design for both current and future multi-million dollar investments.
- Advanced well and reservoir performance simulation.
- Interprets corrosion and related logs and /or determination of required remedial work to proactively prevent well leaks.
- Advanced reserve and flow rate forecasts for use in multi-million dollar projects or equivalent.
- Integrated well capability and gathering pipeline design and cost minimization.
- Financial analysis of technical alternatives including cost-of- service and cost/benefit analysis.
- On-site work direction during stimulation, work overs and/or well drilling or plugging as needed.
- Inventory verification and well integrity preservation.
- Database development and maintenance.
- Advises management on departmental technical needs to improve inventory and deliverability requirements.
- Selects vendors for services and materials, completes or coordinates material procurement, landowner contacts and state filings.
- Directs field and office projects (with both internal employees and external contractors) for drilling, testing, maintenance and stimulation of storage wells.
- Responsible for maintenance of Reservoir Department equipment, tracking inventory and disposing of surplus equipment as required.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum or Geological Engineering or related discipline and eight or more years of diverse job experience.
- 7+ years of gas storage experience and/or gas company gas/petroleum engineering experience
- Experience of gas storage regulations, including risk analysis
- Experience of Michigan storage well workover and stimulation techniques and experience with coordinating and overseeing well work activities
- Experience with field office projects (with both employees and contractors) for drilling, testing, maintenance and stimulation of wells
- Experience in technical report writing and regulatory testimony preparation
- Understanding of budget development and tracking
- Experience of reservoir modeling for storage field deliverability improvement opportunities and CO2 sequestering capabilities
- Extensive understanding of Excel, reservoir engineering/geological software's and database management
- Advanced knowledge of gas storage deliverability mechanisms, transient flow test analyses, and stimulation techniques and inventory analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of production drive mechanisms and oil and gas in place determination techniques.
- Nodal analysis methods to provide rate and pressure forecasts to the plant inlet.
- Experienced in technical paper preparation and presentation of testimony as an expert witness.
- Must be able to develop and manage budgets.
- Must be able to work with people at all levels both within and outside the company.
- Must be able to make clear and concise presentations to all levels of management.
- Must have a valid driver's license, provide a suitable vehicle for use on company business and meet company driving standards.
Multiple levels available with 4 - 6 years of experience. Please apply by forwarding your resume to Engineering_Careers@dteenergy.com or at www.dteenergy.com/careers